When In Paris… Pastel Is The Dress Code

16-02Years ago my English friend Chris who came to Sydney for a business trip from London. When we met up in Martin Place; which was near the Westin Hotel where he stayed, this was his opening line when he saw me walking toward him:
“It’s very white here!”
Oh yes, back then and there, we saw mostly white European around.

Years and years later, I was showing an Australian friend – who’s also a Chris – some photos I took in Paris, I heard him say:
“It’s very white there!” Chris has never been to Paris himself.
This time around, I knew the ‘white’ he referred to, was the cream limestone Paris architecture.
‘Actually, it is!’ I nodded.

Whenever picturing Paris in my head, those white/cream buildings with grey roof tops pop with red chimneys and completed by the feminine lace balconies and French windows always had me gush: ‘The City of Light is truly pretty!’
To channel the city’s soft colours and the touch of romance, what better fashion choice than a pastel dress?!!!

Self portrait with the collaboration of Franck Talaucher

40 comments

1. Nelly Kitty · · Reply

That dress is gorgeous !

1. Merci~ Nelly!

2. ecritvalecritval · · Reply

mmm… une sculpture nΓ©oclassique ?

1. πŸ™‚ Merci pour votre compliment!

3. Liling · · Reply

Charming!
    Could I have your email address? I lost it. πŸ˜…

1. Sure Liling.
      It’s on top of the right hand side of my blog, right at the ‘contact’. Anyway; it’s:
      viviennejacinta@yahoo.com.au

4. The dress and the make up combine perfectly on you. I’d like to be able to see the shoes that you were wearing with this outfit, because I am pretty sure that they were as fantastic as the rest of the outfit. πŸ˜‰

1. Thank you so much for your lovely feedback Sara! :-*
      Let me see if I do have a full body shot or not?! As these photos were taken before I started my blog and I did not have OOTD in mind back then.., I remember they were beige/nude heeled sandals! πŸ˜‰

1. You already know Vivienne that I love all of your outfits, so if you say that you were wearing a gorgeous pair of nude sandals, I trust you completely! πŸ˜€

5. Lovely write-up and a beautiful picture, LOVE! Paris is in my to go list, wonderful place!

1. Thank you Cara. I’m sure that Paris would be delighted to have the fashionable you!!! X

6. Naemi Abe · · Reply

You’re simply DIVINE as always… This WHITE archicture is magnificent!!!!!

1. Awww.., thank you dearest Naemi!!! :-* :-*

7. My impression exactly πŸ™‚ Silvery-grey Paris and terracotta Rome πŸ™‚

1. Ditto! πŸ™‚

8. Gorgeous!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dress on you! That beautiful pale, blush pink is your colour! Fantastique!! xo

1. Thank you Dominique! I shall take your advice and wear pale shade more often! X X

1. Good stuff! So flattering on your fair skin tone!! xo

9. This is a gorgeous dress and it looks beautiful with the architecture! Have a great week!

xo, Bry

Swept.Away.to.Malibu.Beach.Naughty&Nice

1. Thank you Bry. It’s great to hear from you! You too; enjoy the rest of the week! X X

10. Gregory McBean · · Reply

Another lovely and charming piece on your personal fashion philosophy.

1. “personal fashion philosophy” – I LOVE it Greg! πŸ™‚

11. This is such a unique dress, I’ve never seen anything like it! I’ve not been to Paris myself yet, but when I visit I’ll look out for all the white πŸ˜‰

Xoxo,
    Shian | The Fashion Investigator

1. Thank you for your feedback Shian. When I first spotted this dress in Bowral – a town where is almost two and a half hours train ride away from Sydney – I knew I must have it!
      I’d love to hear your take on Paris, give me a buzz if you see a ‘white Paris’ too! πŸ˜‰ X X

12. Beautiful Vivienne! Feeling inspired to go to Paris. X

1. Thank you Katie! I think you’d love Paris!! X X

13. Yes!! We are agreed ! The choice is Perfect !!! Congratulations Also to photographer.

1. I’m happy to hear it from you Krystel! X X

14. Lovely dress, perfect setting.

15. Delightful as always! ❀

1. Thank you Camelia! :-*

16. Margaret · · Reply

That dress is so beautiful and classy!!! I love pastel colors!

I would really appreciate it if you could visit and maybe support my blog! I am new but I try. Thank you in advance!
    xoxo
    Margaret

1. Thank you for your feedback Margaret! πŸ™‚ Keep up the good work! X X

17. this color looks beautiful on you ❀

18. yes, love the dress and colour! Looks perfect on you!

1. Thank you! X